How have I prepared for seeing clients in the current pandemic? (Updated 11/27/20)
Emily here, as my Wisconsin and Illinois offices are now open, I am practicing the following guidelines in all locations where I practice.
Due to Wisconsin's inconsistent guidance around COVID-19, I have adopted the strict specific precautions outlined by Illinois/ CDC in my IL and WI offices.
* Face masks: I wear a face mask that covers my nose and mouth for the duration of our time together, for all sessions.
I require that all clients (and parents/ guardians) bring and wear a face mask (without a valve) for the duration of our appointment, at all office locations. I am aware that some clients have special circumstances that make mask-wearing difficult or impossible, particularly those with trauma histories and special needs. Please discuss this with me in advance of our appointment to see whether or not I am able to accommodate your needs.
If you only have a valved face mask, I will give you a disposable face mask to wear for our session.
* During mouthwork techniques, performed when my client's face mask is temporarily removed, I will wear a face-shield in addition to my face mask. Please note that the brief time performing mouth-work techniques is the only time that a client is permitted to remove their face mask during the session. This is in accordance with IL guidelines and is being implemented at all locations.
* Enhanced cleaning protocols between every session, including treating doorknobs, light switches, end tables, and other high-traffic surfaces with disinfectant wipes and /or rubbing alcohol.
* Increased focus on hand washing for myself and clients. More than before! Hand sanitizer will also be available.
* I provide clean sheets for each craniosacral therapy session. Sheets are washed in hot water with detergent and dried in high heat after each single use.
* If you would like a blanket (normal or weighted) to use during your session, please bring one. I provide clean sheets and a table warmer for warmth.
* For air treatment: I provide a HEPA air purifier (Honeywell brand) AND Germ Guardian UVC Air Sanitizer in my treatment room during sessions.
* Prior to our appointment, you will be contacted with a pre-session phone call or text to ask you about any symptoms of illness you may have or had recently (not including allergies). You will also have a short written questionnaire to complete and initial upon arrival to each appointment. This form will be stored in your file. You are welcome to bring a pen to fill out your form. Skokie clients, I will contact you personally. WI clients: you will be contacted by the office manager where you scheduled your appointment with me.
* At any time in the week prior to our appointment (including day-of), if you suddenly develop ANY symptoms of illness (not to be confused with allergies), please cancel or reschedule.
Presently, there is no fee for short-notice cancellation/ reschedule due to symptoms of illness.
* Please plan to arrive AT your scheduled session time (bathrooms remain available before and throughout appointments).
* I will check your temperature via a contactless thermometer when you arrive for your appointment. If you arrive with a temperature of 100.0+ or 1.5 degrees over your normal temp, or exhibit any other symptoms of illness during our session, your appointment will be immediately canceled that day.
* For those clients who prefer to remain Safe at Home, I understand and support your choice for your personal health and well-being. Let me know if / when you are ready to schedule.
* In my personal life, I self-quarantine when I'm not at work, go out only when necessary, wear a face mask (over my nose and mouth) when out, and practice social distancing as much as is possible. I have been wearing a face mask in public and in client sessions since March 16th, 2020.
If you read this far, you know I take public safety seriously. Please do let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or updated information. I am always looking for ways to improve client safety and wellness.
Yours in healing,
Emily Klik, LMT, CST