How have I prepared for seeing clients in the current pandemic? (Updated 01/27/21)
Emily here, as my Wisconsin and Illinois offices are now open, I am practicing the following guidelines in both locations where I practice.
Due to Wisconsin's inconsistent guidance around COVID-19, I have adopted the strict specific precautions outlined by Illinois/ CDC in my IL and WI offices.
* Face masks: I wear a double-face mask that covers my nose and mouth for the duration of our sessions. My inner face mask is a KN94 mask (new one each day), outer face mask is a standard blue face mask that is changed to a new mask for each new client session.
I require that all clients (and parents/ guardians) bring and wear a face mask for the duration of our appointment, at all office locations. I am aware that some clients have special circumstances that make mask-wearing difficult or impossible, particularly those with trauma histories and special needs. Please discuss this with me in advance of our appointment to see whether or not I am able to accommodate your needs.
* During mouthwork techniques, performed when my client's face mask is temporarily removed, I will wear a face-shield in addition to my face mask. Please note that the brief time performing mouth-work techniques is the only time that a client is permitted to remove their face mask during the session. This is in accordance with IL guidelines and is being implemented at all locations.
* Enhanced cleaning protocols between every session, including treating doorknobs, light switches, end tables, and other high-traffic surfaces with disinfectant wipes and /or rubbing alcohol. In my Skokie office, I also clean the high-traffic surfaces of the bathroom between each client session.
* Increased focus on hand washing for myself and clients. More than before! Hand sanitizer will also be available.
* I provide clean sheets for each craniosacral therapy session. Sheets are washed in hot water with detergent and dried in high heat after each single use.
* If you would like a blanket (normal or weighted) to use during your session, please bring one. I provide clean sheets and a table warmer for warmth.
* For air treatment: I provide a HEPA air purifier (Honeywell brand) AND Germ Guardian UVC Air Sanitizer in my treatment room during sessions.
* Prior to our appointment, you will be contacted via phone / text/ email to check in about symptoms of illness. Upon your arrival to our appointment, you will also have a short written questionnaire to complete with regard to COVID symptoms. This form will be stored in your file. Skokie clients, I will contact you personally. WI clients: you will be contacted by the office manager at Ommani.
* At any time in the week prior to our appointment (including day of our appointment), if you suddenly develop ANY symptoms of illness (not to be confused with allergies or asthma), please cancel or reschedule.
Presently, there is no fee for short-notice cancellation/ reschedule due to symptoms of illness.
* Please plan to arrive AT your scheduled session time (bathrooms remain available before and throughout appointments).
* I will check your temperature via a contactless thermometer when you arrive for your appointment in Skokie. If you arrive with a temperature of 100.0+ or 1.5 degrees over your normal temp, or exhibit any other symptoms of illness during our session, your appointment will be immediately canceled that day.
* For those clients who prefer to remain Safe at Home, I understand and support your choice for your personal health and well-being. Let me know if / when you are ready to schedule.
* In my personal life, I self-quarantine when I'm not at work, go out only when necessary, wear a face mask (over my nose and mouth) when out, and practice social distancing as much as is possible.
If you read this far, you know I take public safety seriously. Please do let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or updated information. I am always looking for ways to improve client safety and wellness.
Yours in healing,
Emily Klik, LMT, CST